Monday, February 21, 2011

"Gay the Musical" based on the novel "Gay" by Marcia Gay-Harden

Upon a recent reviewing of The Producers, we realised there really isn't enough representation of homosexuality in musical theatre. To compensate for this problematic problemo (Hey there Maria) we have intelligently retitled some well known musical theatre numbers. This inspired us to write our own musical. If someone like Andrew Lloyd Webber can slap a mask on a guy and call it a musical, then so can we. Here are a few of our ideas: 

Not A Gay Goes By
Memoirs of A Gaysha
I’m Not That Gay
If You Were Straight
Macavity, the Homosexual Cat
Gimme, Gimme a Gay after Midnight
If I Were A Gay Man
16 going on Gay
Damn It Jannet, I’m Gay
Gayspell
Jesus Christ Super Gay
Can You Feel the Gay Tonight
Glitter and Your Mum’s Gay
On The Street Where You are Gay
I Only Wanna Say… You’re Gay
Make Em’ Fey
Homo, I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore
Anything Gay
Somewhere That’s Gay
Liza Minelli
Harry Potter

1 comment:

  1. All of those are awesome ideas! Love them!!

    How about:

    Anything you can do I can do Gayer
    In my own little Homo
    Glad to be Homo
    My Favourite Gays
    I'm in love with a wonderful gay/I'm in love with a wonderful guy (sung by a guy)
    I love Homos
    Diamonds are a Gay's best friend
    If momma was gay
    Somegay, Somewhere
    You're a good man, Liza Minelli

    Or perhaps Disney songs?

    Part of your (Gay) world
    Colours of the Mardi Gras
    Poor, unfortunate Straights
    Cruella de Gay
    Beauty and the Gay
    Someday my Princess will come
    A happy little working Gay


    Any of those useful??

    ReplyDelete